- Chicken pieces on the bone
- 2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- Salt and pepper
- Large bunch coriander
- .200 gram baby spinach leaves or bunch of silverbeet leaves
- Throw some chicken pieces on the bone into a pot of water and simmer for 30 minutes. Do not boil.
- Remove chicken, de- bone, chop meat and return to pot with a few cloves crushed garlic and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add a large bunch of coriander, a bunch of silver beet or baby spinach leaves, turn off heat, cover and stand for a few minutes.
- Serve with coriander lime pesto on toasted rye bread.
Contributed by Vicki Furlong